Submit your film
Are you a Latin American citizen?
Submit your short film or documentary today!
Conditions for Submission
MPIFF consists of two competition categories: Short Films, and Documentaries.
The short film submission is only open to Latin American citizens.
The documentary film submission is open to Latin American citizens and Czech nationals that filmed a documentary in Latin America.
If you do not follow the conditions presented below, your film submission will be automatically discarded from selection.
The submission fee is of 20euro / 500kč.
The finalists who will have their film screened during the festival will be informed via email and phone call.
1. Must fill out submission form before the deadline of AUGUST 14, 2020. Finalists that will have their films screened in Prague will be announced on the 28th of August.
2. The short film or documentary must be sent via private hyperlink (per example www.wetransfer.com).
3. Must provide a preview or trailer along the submission form via hyperlink.
4. For each selected film, short film or documentary, MPIFF has the right to use 30 seconds of the film or preview/trailer for publicity materials.
5. The short-film or documentary cannot be older than June 2019.
6. If the submission form is not fully filled out your form will be discarded.
7. You must have completed & signed the submission form and attach all necessary documents.
8. If selected as a finalist you will have to provide your short film or documentary in a FULL HD or HD format accorded with MPIFF staff
1. All topics are open: Gastronomy, Culture, Music, Migration, Community...
2. Latin Americans citizens can submit their documentary film.
3. Czech nationals that filmed a documentary in Latin America can enter the documentary competition.
4. Documentaries cannot be longer than 60 minutes.
5. Short films must have English subtitles in the case they are in Spanish and vice versa!
1. All genres are accepted in the short film categories.
2. Short Films cannot be longer than 40 minutes.
3. Only Latin Americans citizens can submit their film.
4. Short films must have English subtitles in the case they are in Spanish and vice versa!
What you receive after submission
1. 20% discount in all the Las Adelitas Restaurants in Prague, Czech Republic for the length of the festival.
2. 20% discount in La Taqueria in Prague, Czech Republic for the length of the festival.
3. 10% discount in The ICON Hotel & Lounge.
4. Confirmation of submission.
5. Discounts will be announced soon...
If selected by Judges as Finalists
We will ask you for the following information and materials:
1. Word document that containing short synopsis (approx. 120 words) and director’s bio (approx. 100 words).
2. High resolution movie poster.
3. Three high resolution Photos or stills from the film.
4. Director’s photo.
5. Any additional publicity materials if available.
When submitting the form to our email (email@example.com) add the email of the account from which the payment was processed.
By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions. Any changes to the competition will be notified to the entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.